- Non-governmental organisation (NGO); association; foundation/charitable organisation; community organisation (e.g. youth club)
- Generally marginalized and disadvantaged groups
- Information (e.g. searchable database; news function)
- Learning content (e.g. Open Educational Resources such as MOOCs)
- Self-assessments for competences; skills (e.g. eAssessments/ePortfolios)
- Trainings; courses; seminars; workshops
- Work experience; traineeships; internships
- Awards; challenges and/or competitions
- Activities are provided partly for free/partly with fees.
- 1.000 - 10.000 people
Chepngoror Education Foundation (CHEFO) is a community development organization, working to improve the lives of marginalized children, youth, their families and communities through an approach which puts children, youth and women at the centre of community development. It is dedicated to change by focusing on holistic education in the belief that education is a critical requisite for socio-economic change. In keeping with this focus, our volunteers are involved with and support projects that are secular and have an education-related component to them.
For over 3 years, CHEFO and its partners have worked with communities in western Kenya to break the cycle of poverty by helping children, youth and women access their rights to protection, basic education, proper health, a healthy environment, livelihood opportunities and participation in decision making which affect their lives. We encourage children, youth and women to express their views and be actively involved in improving their communities. CHEFO’s work is not possible without the support of funding from individuals, corporations, institutions, foundations and government agencies within KENYA and abroad.