FIND OUT WHAT IT TAKES TO BE AN ENTREPRENEUR AND WIN A TRIP TO BRUSSELS!
Selfie-Entrepreneur is open from 1 September to 31 October 2017. Only entries received within this timeframe will be eligible for the awards.
HOW TO SUBMIT A SELFIE
Find an entrepreneur, interview him/her, and take a selfie. The format of the interview is your choice. You can write a text or submit a video. Your submissions can be in any European language.
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following:
- Name (you can write only your initials, if you feel more comfortable)
- City, Country
- Email address (this information will not be published, we need it to contact you in case you win)
- Text or link to the video (uploaded on YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
- Don't forget to send your Selfie with the entrepreneur!
- If you are doing this as part of a classroom activity, please include the name of your teacher.
2. Your input will be revised by the I-LINC team and the once approved will appear on this page. ** Please note that I-LINC won't publish any offensive content.
It's up to you to decide what questions to ask the entrepreneur. Here are some suggestions to help you:
- How did you decide to become an entrepreneur?
- What are the advantages of working as an entrepreneur?
- What do you like about your job?
- What skills do you need to become an entrepreneur?
- Any advice?
*This initiative was inspired by an initiative from Spain by a group of three teachers: Paz Fernández de Vera, Elena Rodríguez and Isabel González.
**By submitting the required information, you authorize the I-LINC consortium to publish and publically communicate about the selfie and video via I-LINC website and social media channels. Find more details in the LEGAL NOTICE.
The best three entries of students will be invited to the I-LINC final conference, to be held in Brussels on 23 November 2017, with flight and accommodation (1 night) expenses covered by I-LINC.
Each submission will be evaluated by a jury (formed by the I-LINC team) against the following criteria: quality of the image/video; clarity and quality of the text/script; originality of content. Points for each criterion will go from 0 (lowest) to 10 (outstanding).
Want to know more about the initiative's terms and conditions? Read here the LEGAL NOTICE
TIPS FOR TEACHERS
Selfie-Entrepreneur is an opportunity for students to connect with entrepreneurs and learn more about them and their working environment. This activity helps them connecting with the real world, bridging their learning and their experience. They moreover learn from a role model that is not that distant: someone who might live next door, and still can be a role model, an example for them. By participating in this activity students develop a sense of initiative and entrepreneurship and other competences such as verbal communication, digital skills, social and civic competences or multimedia narrative. If you want to learn more about the pedagogical value of #selfientrepreneur and how to present it to your class, you can read this article. See how this activity has spread all over Spain in this blog.
Each week, we will share pedagogical material and ideas in the Entrepreneurial teachers community. We will address different ways of implementing this activity in your classroom.
We also welcome your feedback! How did this activity go? Did you find it useful for your students? Share your progress, success, challenges in the community. The most proactive teacher, with the highest participation in the Entrepreneurial teachers community, will be invited to the I-LINC final conference, to be held in Brussels on 23 November 2017, with flight and accommodation (1 night) expenses covered by I-LINC. Find more information in the LEGAL NOTICE.