Public course for educators and administrators 'Promoting STEM education us
- Start date:
- End date:
- All Day: All Day
- Patras, Greece.
We invite you to participate in a public course 'Promoting STEM education using mobile and IoT technologies' on 18-22 March in Patras, Greece.
Participants of the course will realize the impact of mobile and IoT technologies on training / educational organizations and the business potential they offer. As a result, participants will not only be able to transform their organisations but will also acquire the knowledge and materials to disseminate the newly acquired skills in their communities, regions and countries.
After completing the course, the trainees will:
- understand the basic terminology of mobile computing and IoT
- know the principles of STEM education
- be able to select the appropriate technology
- be able to design a STEM education scenario using mobile computing and IoT technologies
- be able to organize an appropriate training setting
- be able to implement a STEM education scenario
- be able to actively participate in the online STEM education community
- realize the advantages of STEM education
- plan the incorporation of mobile computing and IoT technologies in their training / educational environment
- have received a Certificate of Completion of the course
The course promotes directly digital skills, vocational training, professional development and STEM education, focusing on sectors that will shape our lives from now and for the next 20 years. Improvement of entrepreneurship skills will be an indirect outcome of the training.
The course will make use of material, results and experience that has been developed in the context of H2020 project UMI-Sci-Ed, namely:
- teacher / trainer guides and relevant educational material,
- training scenarios,
- online peer learning platform,
- hardware kits (based on UDOO)
The training is organised by experts from the Computer Technology Institute and Press "Diophantus", Hellenic Open University in Patras and the UMI-Sci-Ed project.
VICTORIA SANZEvent Type: Educational events