"The Skills and the Jobs of the Future - Young People's Viewpoint for Better Education and Employment"
The main objective of the project is to influence the education and employment policy for young people by conducting a structured dialogue on the skills and jobs of the future aimed at their better educational and career orientation.
Bulgarian Memory Foundation initiates the project: Forum: "The Skills and the Jobs of the Future - Young People's Viewpoint for Better Education and Employment" within the context of the "Erasmus +" KA3 objectives and based on:
- The EU Youth Strategy 2019;
- The Europe 2020 Strategy;
- The New Skills Agenda for Europe;
- The European Pillar of Social Rights;
- The National Youth Strategy 2010-2020 of the Republic of Bulgaria;
The project will help to:
- Improve the link between education and business by developing a Guide with information, examples and recommendations;
- Better match the acquired knowledge and skills in the education system and the professions of the future;
- Stimulate youth employment by timely and adequate career guidance of young people through methods and examples developed with the active participation of their peers participating in the project.
The target group of the project will be 100 young people (aged 15-30), more than 50% of which will be disadvantaged in terms of low socio-economic status, coming from underdeveloped settlements in the Southwestern region of Bulgaria.
The project covers 12 main activities:
- Distributing information about the forum and selection of participants;
- Sending invitations to decision-makers and setting specific dates for the structured dialogue;
- Finalizing the program of the forum;
- Preliminary preparation on logistics: transport, accommodation, insurance, food, room reservation;
- Production of content: informative materials, preparation of presentations by the participants;
- Organization of the forum by the Bulgarian Memory Foundation team;
- Conducting a three-day forum in Sofia with the participation of young people and the responsible for the youth policy;
- Sending the final document with the recommendations to the decision-makers and seeking feedback from them;
- Preparing, printing and sending the "Guide for skills and jobs of the future" to all stakeholders;
- Popularizing the project results in line with the dissemination strategy;
- Analysis of the results and the possibilities for their multiplication and sustainability;
- Preparation of the project's final report.
During the project will be implemented active, interactive and situational methods of non-formal education, discussions and methods for developing 3/8 competences of Youthpass:
- Key Competence 1: Communication in native language;
- Key Competence 4: Digital Competences;
- Key Competence 6: Social and civic competences.
The project aims to achieve the following impact on the two main target groups of participants:
- Young people to become active participants rather than observers in the process of reforming youth policy in its different aspects: their views and expectations to be considered by youth policy makers through structured dialogue;
- Participation in the project of young people from disadvantaged groups to contribute to addressing the socio-economic challenges they face by supporting their educational and career orientation;
- Young people to be empowered and develop key competencies to engage effectively in structured dialogue;
- Creating trust between young people and institutions responsible for youth policy;
- The responsible for the horizontal youth policy to focus on youth, education, labour, social and economic policies as a comprehensive approach to better match the knowledge and skills acquired by young people in the education system to the demand in the labor market, in the context of the jobs of the future;
- In an open discussion with the young people, to get acquainted with their needs, opinions and difficulties, which could contribute to transforming them into working decisions and innovations in the field of education and employment.
The final document with recommendations - the result of the structured dialogue - will be publicly available and officially sent to the policy makers. It is also planned to publish a "Guide for skills and jobs of the future" which will be distributed to decision-makers, youth clubs and career centers, and will also be available on the internet.
Stakeholder in charge: Fondacia Bulgarska Pamet
Target group: 100 young people (aged 15-30), more than 50% of which will be disadvantaged in terms of low socio-economic status, coming from underdeveloped settlements in the Southwestern region of Bulgaria.
Rationale: The expected long-term benefits associated with the project are: • Institutions to be more committed to supporting youth policy regarding the challenges young people face, • Related to the dynamically changing labor market which requires the development of a new set of digital and soft skills; • Attention towards the horizontal nature of youth policy and towards young people as potential partners in its formation; • Creating better opportunities for educational and professional realization of young people.